Sustainable Construction at Affordable Prices
Hercuton has been constructing sustainable company premises using prefabricated concrete and achieving high levels of quality, value retention and fire safety for many years now. Concrete has many advantages allowing sustainable construction to be achieved in virtually every situation. A sustainable building has to meet the following criteria:
- Concrete is robust and is virtually indestructible and maintenance-free.
- The building as a whole is fire-resistant without the need to install costly and vulnerable fire-safety measures.
- Hercuton’s buildings still retain their value even after several decades.
Low Energy Consumption
- Concrete buildings are known for their heat-accumulating properties. This means that they stay cooler throughout the summer months and are easier to heat during the winter, i.e. they will require less energy to heat or cool, and in turn they will require lower-rated and less expensive HVAC systems.
- Concrete is ideal for core activation. Core activation reduces energy consumption still further and reduces CO2 emission levels considerably.
- Virtually any architectural design can be created using concrete as the basic structural element.
- Concrete can be readily combined with many other types of material, e.g. brickwork and natural stone.
- More intensive land use means that fewer large plots of land are now available for construction purposes. Intelligent design options can utilize limited land availability to its maximum, e.g. rooftop parking facilities.
Reduced Waste During and After Use
- Concrete can be easily recycled.
- Hercuton uses prefabricated concrete. Concrete elements are produced at our manufacturing facilities under strictly controlled conditions. This means that less waste is produced during production/assembly processes, and quality levels can be guaranteed.
- Concrete has a long life cycle. Our buildings have fifty-year reference periods as standard.
Are you planning a construction project? If so, please feel free to complete the form below. We’ll respond to your enquiry within one working day.